Posted to alt.home.repair
grodenhiATgmailDOTcom

Default basement window well???

That's what I was thinking.... now, if the land is nearly flat and I
dig the well at say 6-12 inches deep and fill party with drainage
stone, where would I put the drain? I assume the bottom. The question
is.... where do I run the drainage pipe to? I don't think I have
enough slope to bury pipe 6+ inches and have it drain above ground. Is
the drainage for water coming in from above (rain) or below (seeping
up). If from above I could add a cover (clear).

Goedjn wrote:
On 28 Jun 2006 08:56:27 -0700, "grodenhiATgmailDOTcom"
wrote:

I have a finished basment that contains a standard-sized basment
window. The problem is this window is right at ground level. Not

. . .
window is right at ground level how would I do that? I'm thinking of
putting in a window well, allowing me to build up grade against the
house. Does this sound like a decent solution? If I put a well in I

A really well drained window well is the solution, yes.