Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

Default FAQ: uk.d-i-y (regular posting).

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:29:09 +0200, Chris Bacon wrote:

Relevant commercial advertising IS acceptable in uk.d-i-y. Your
advertisements should have subjects of the form "AD: Advertisement
Title", and not be posted more often than once a month. Unsolicited
but relevant advertising is not considered abuse.

For information on real DIY matters, see http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/

Have I missed something here? I thought the protocol was that vendors of
goods and services were welcome to mention them in relevant, on-topic
contributions to existing discussions (e.g. when someone asks about
their Suprima locking out raden will post that CET do replacement
PCBs) but I don't recall any discussion on unsolicited ads.