Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Brian Sharrock

Default Which tumble drier...?

"Lobster" wrote in message
Ours has conked out again and we've decided this time it needs replacing
(preferably before the laundry bin is full again!)

'We' went through a similar exercise a couple of months ago ....

Right now we haven't even decided between condensing and vented - from
reading around this it's not clear to me which, if any, is the more
economical to run? Given that I already have a ventilation hole through
the wall, is there any justification for a condensing model?

Decided on a condensing model - with timer delay option - , it replaced a
vented model. The condensate water produced by the tumble-dryer, has proved
very useful in the steam iron; car's windscreen washer bottle and for
plants. [Conincindently; I fitted a water softener too].
The energy used is now availble to heat up the house rather than the planet.

Then maybe I should be thinking about a gas one - how much cheaper are the
running costs (given that presumably they need CORGI'ing every year for
safety?

Dunnoh!

Thanks
David

(who probably has about 48 hours to hum and ha over this before he's told
to get his arse out to Comet and not to come back without a new drier...)

Visit 'Comet' to examine the range of models - then off to Curry/Dixon et al
to view similar ranges; decide on model then google for lowest price.
{My Hotpoint came on a Hotpoint wagon off the production line in what I
believe is called drop-delivery, the man trolley-ed it to exactly where I
wanted it installed, rather than the outfit with a e-retail presence. The
pounds saved are more useful in my account than DTG's .... IMHO.}

HTH

--

Brian