Posted to alt.home.repair
Gary Dyrkacz

Default Zoeller sump pumps need service every 5-7 years?

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:54:26 GMT, Ignoramus24108
wrote:

After I bought that 137 Zoeller sump pump, I decided to call Zoeller.

I asked them how long should they last before being serviced.

The rep's response surprised me, he said that they want them serviced
every 5-7 years.

Now, that does not sound like a long time to me!

Also, they said that the impeller is made of cast iron. Would not such
impellers rust?

Any thoughts?

Ah shucks! I saw this thread after I responded in the original about
te swicth lifetimes. Repeating:

I have the 1/3 HP Zoeller which is one of the links on the posted
site. In fact, I now have two. One older one in reserve.

Murphy's Law predicts that sump pumps will only go out right after a
big rainstorm and just after noon on Saturday when the nearest pump
and replacement parts shop that handles Zoeller equipment closes for
the weekend.

Before I bought the second pump I used to keep an extra replacement
switch kit handy. If the switch mechanism is the same for the 1/2 HP
as for the 1/3, then you may want to see if you can puchase a
replacement switch. It seems I get about 6-8 years on a switch before
it goes bad. The replacement is pretty straightforward. The motor
seems to last forever.

Gary Dyrkacz

Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+
http://home.comcast.net/~dyrgcmn/