Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Zoeller sump pumps need service every 5-7 years?

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:54:26 GMT, Ignoramus24108
wrote:

After I bought that 137 Zoeller sump pump, I decided to call Zoeller.

I asked them how long should they last before being serviced.

The rep's response surprised me, he said that they want them serviced
every 5-7 years.

Now, that does not sound like a long time to me!

Also, they said that the impeller is made of cast iron. Would not such
impellers rust?

Any thoughts?

I'd sure rather have a cast iron impeller than a piece of crap plastic
that disintegrates from small sand particles that are always in the
pit.

I have used this brand of pump and find them top of the line.
I service them when they break. What else is there to fix? Run them
every so often so they dont cease up, and check the cord for frays or
damage, plus be sure the float is not sticking. Thats about all it
takes.