Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Mad Ad

Default Which tumble drier...?

"Lobster" wrote in message
Ours has conked out again and we've decided this time it needs replacing
(preferably before the laundry bin is full again!)

Can anyone point me at a decent, unbiased "Which?"-type site where I can
read reviews to help me decide which model to go for? All those I've
found through google so far seem very much dealer-led.

Right now we haven't even decided between condensing and vented - from
reading around this it's not clear to me which, if any, is the more
economical to run? Given that I already have a ventilation hole through
the wall, is there any justification for a condensing model?

Then maybe I should be thinking about a gas one - how much cheaper are the
running costs (given that presumably they need CORGI'ing every year for
safety?

Thanks
David

(who probably has about 48 hours to hum and ha over this before he's told
to get his arse out to Comet and not to come back without a new drier...)

The condensing drier in the washer/drier I had last was awful, couldnt wait
to dump it for a conventional. One T shirt too much and nothing would dry
for ages, infact it only seemed to be a good way of using up electric- when
things are half dry they still seem wet, not like a conventional one where
you can be in a hurry and pull your jeans out and wear them dry.

Others experience is probably different but I wouldnt have one again.

Ad