Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Default bathroom - vinyl floor installation - didn't remove toilet

Michelle wrote:

We just hired a flooring company to install my mother's floor. They
were supposed to removed the toilet to install the Armstrong vinyl
floor. The installer just cut around the toilet and then caulked
around it (poorly). I am worried water will get under it and ruin the
floor and subfloor. Will this installation be a problem over time? I
thought the toilet was always supposed to be picked up to install
flooring in a bathroom? I am not happy with the install because of
this but they refuse to do anything but recaulk around it.

Be somewhat thankful they DIDN'T remove it. Sounds to me like if they're
the kind of outfit which doesen't deliver what they promised they might
have F'd up removing and replacing the toilet, like not using a new wax
ring or buggering up the water supply hardware.

Learn to live with it. I've noticed that the next annoying thing to come
down the line puts the previous one in perspective. G

Feel better now?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia