Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Zoeller sump pumps need service every 5-7 years?

"Ignoramus24108" wrote in message
.. .
On 27 Jun 2006 10:09:29 -0700,
wrote:
Well you can spend double for bronze that doesn't rust, Zoeller makes
them too.\
After 5-7 years the microswith has about had it.
What would you prefer, regular service or a failure?

I would definitely prefer regular service. No doubt. Do other pumps
have similar maintenance schedule? Does the impeller rust so quickly
as to need replacement in a few years?

Not from my experience, but your water may be much different. The only
trouble I've ever had with them is the switch. As for the 5 - 7 years, it
depends on the use. As I said before, we use ours as part of a production
system in use all the working hours. In a home, I'd expect it to last many
times that. The company wants to cover their ass.
In your case, how often is the pump going to run? Dump a bucket of water in
the sump a couple of times a year to be sure it runs.