Posted to alt.home.repair
Ignoramus24108

Default Zoeller sump pumps need service every 5-7 years?

On 27 Jun 2006 10:09:29 -0700, wrote:
Well you can spend double for bronze that doesn't rust, Zoeller makes
them too.\
After 5-7 years the microswith has about had it.
What would you prefer, regular service or a failure?

I would definitely prefer regular service. No doubt. Do other pumps
have similar maintenance schedule? Does the impeller rust so quickly
as to need replacement in a few years?

Ignoramus24108 wrote:
After I bought that 137 Zoeller sump pump, I decided to call Zoeller.

I asked them how long should they last before being serviced.

The rep's response surprised me, he said that they want them serviced
every 5-7 years.

Now, that does not sound like a long time to me!

Also, they said that the impeller is made of cast iron. Would not such
impellers rust?

Any thoughts?