Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Off topic. Windows XP home: small problem

Sylvain VAN DER WALDE wrote:
Hello all.

I went to a Windows XP news group with my problem, but got no
answers. Not one. This group has some nasty trolls, who are very
distracting and disrupting in that news group.
Anyway, I hope that someone here can help.
Windows XP is able to ask you, when you have finished a task, "if you
want to turn the modem off" (or words to that effect), or continue.
As I'm absent-minded, I found this very useful. Now, I find that I'm
forgetting to turn the modem off occasionally; which is annoying and
is costing me money. This reminder has been available on and off, but
I have no idea how to install it (make it available) on a permanent
basis.
Any ideas? I really miss it.

Thanks in advance.

Sylvain.

Can remeber where exactly?,but look at modem properties? there is a routine
that says...*disconnect if idle for more than X amount of time,this being a
manual setting for the time that the mouse is idle when in the browser.

DU, jesus! ain't it about time you moved to BB and live a little. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Women are like old TV's...the older they get the more prone they are to
switching off.