Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix

Default Bosch Maxx Washing Machine Drum doesn't turn

"ian" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks Tim,

Brushes replaced and machine is doing test wash. To replace brushes I
put machine on front, removed belt, cut cable tie on plastic shield
over connectors, pulled out motor plug and earth connection. I still
couldn't access both sets of brushes. With 10mm ratchet undid the two
motor bolts, then realised bolts were too long to allow ratchet to be
taken off bolts, so used normal spanner. With a gentle mallet tap the
motor came off.

As I couldn't see how to take brushes out I made mistake of undoing
four motor bolts and dismantling motor. I re-assembled motor and then
fitted new brushes and refitted motor. Could replace one brush with
motor on machine but the second one would be done by feel only, and
would be beyond me.

Like most jobs once you've done it its easy to know what to do.

Quite. Tried for ages to change brushes in situ on my Bosch, then decided
the motor would come out with the front off. It wouldn't. Once back off and
motor out, changing brushes on bench easy!

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)