Ted Edwards

Default remote start/stop wiring

Grant Erwin wrote:

carry any appreciable amount of power. I'm wondering if anyone has any bright
ideas about easily disconnectable easily obtainable multi-wire circuits. Phone
wire would be ideal except that the sockets aren't trivial to wire up. The
circuit takes 3 wires, by the way.

All the sockets I've seen have had screw terminals. The plugs are a
different matter. When I did a bunch of phone wiring, I used a kit from
Radio Shack containing several plugs and a stripper/crimper tool. Very
easy to use.

If you want super quality wire, check Boeing Surplus. Their wire used
to be a real bargain but I haven't been there for several years.
Otherwise, 14-3 Lumex would give you three conductors plus ground and
should be readily available about everywhere.

Ted