Peter Parry

Default Mortice Locks

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:01:54 +0100, Andy Dingley
wrote:

AFAIK, it is technically impossible to insure any house with a UPVC
front door against burglary. You need BS3621 for every policy I've
seen lately, and AFAIK it's not possible to obtain such a lock for
such a door (the typical espagnolete lock and a Euro-cylinder)

Comments, anyone ?

The insurance companies run a separate "approved lock" scheme for
multipoint locks which meet their security standard but can't meet
BS3621 for some reason related to the way the standard is written. I
had the correct name for it somewhere and I think its somewhere on
the Essex Fittings web site.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/