Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

Default Remodel Question

"Amy L" wrote in message
I am looking to remodel both my kitchen and bathroom. For both of these
rooms we anticipate some major renovations. The bathroom will be more
complicated as we intend to make the room larger and moving the tub/toilet
to different locations than their current locations. For this type of
remodeling where do you usually start? Is this something that a remodeling
company would help design or is this something that would need to be
started with an architect?

Amy

You should start buy coming up with some ideas on your own. Write down what
you don't like about the rooms and what you don't want. Then maybe go to
some model homes and get ideas Even take some pictures. Home remodel shows
have a lot to offer. Then when all you leg work is done then call a
Architect or a home designer ( I believe there cheaper) Or you can find a
contractor you like they work with architects and designers. The main thing
is take your time, most important any one you hire make sure you feel
comfortable with them. A always check Insurance, License, Workman's comp.
And most of all your going to spend more than you thought, But get what you
want don't cut corners it your house.