ATP

Default Phas a matic Rotary Converter Rip Off?

Checkmate wrote:
On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 01:41:24 GMT, Roy put forth the notion that...

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 13:48:39 -0800, Checkmate
snip
===
===You want a good 3 HP phase converter? Try one of mine:
===
===http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2580033737
===
===This model doesn't have run caps. Phase voltages vary by
approximately ===10% maximum. The same converter tuned with run
caps will be balanced to ===approximately 3% or less. In most
applications, the run caps aren't ===necessary. My converters
use a contactor through a DPST toggle switch ===to turn them on.
A voltage sensing relay switches the starting cap(s) ===out of
the circuit when the user-provided idler motor comes up to speed.
===Startup to full speed takes just a fraction of a second.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Sounds like the one or two or three that I have
built as well as what most of the regulars here have built already
and also like the one Bob S has an article in HSM on. I have plans
for it on my website for FREE

Yep, it ain't rocket science. The circuit has been around for ages.
I've had people tell me they wouldn't bother trying to build one for
what I sell them for. I'm not getting rich doing it, but I'm retired
now, and I enjoy building them... plus it keeps me out of trouble.
BTW, I stumbled across your web site long before I found this group,
and I must say, you've got some great information there.

Your units seem to be priced pretty reasonably.