Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Cutting Nails & Screws

Chris Bacon wrote:
Derek ^ wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:
Nodge wrote:
I've removed an old window frame and it's left some fairly hefty
nails and
screws which I need to cut flush to the surface c.
Dremel works well.

Just don't accept any crappy Chinese etc. substitutes.

I bought one which turned out to be so feeble it literally did not
have a use on this earth.

I hope you took it back for a refund, then. I bought a GBP14.99 one from
A Local DIscount supermarket, with several collets and a flexible drive
shaft. It works very well in some experiments I've done, but I haven't
found a real use for it yet. I suspect these things in general are on
the periphery of usefulness.

Not if you make model aircraft they ain't..they are SMALL tools for
SMALL jobs, but hey, sometimes a small tool will do a big job if you
take time..I just cut a 2ft 6" slab of 1" thick sandstone paving on a 30
quid tile saw...my poxy dremel-clone will cut through a no 10
woodscrew...in about 15 minutes :-)