Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field

Default What happens when you bypass a interlock on a microwave?

wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:35:21 -0400, "JANA" wrote:

If you bypass the switches and the door is accidentally opened, the damage
to anyone or anything alive in the path of the radiation will have
permanent
damage of some type.

Effects of microwave radiation at the intensity level that is from a
microwave oven, even if it is too weak to feel at the distance you may be
at, will cause eye damage, and promote the growth of cancer tissue.

Microwave radiation has to be very weak in order to not have a dangerous
effect. I think the safety rating for the maximum allowed is something
like
50 uA/cm^2 (50 millionths of a watt at one centimetre at the minimal
distance from the point of transmission). The radiation from your
microwave
oven is in the many hundreds of watts.

The radiation from your microwave oven is very intense for the purpose of
cooking food. This means that if you are exposed at a close enough
distance,
you can be cooked!

If I remember correctly your innerds don't have any heat sensing
nerves (only on the skin). So if you're standing in front of your
modified microwave you could be cooking your insides without knowing
it or worse you could be expanding internal gases :-)
YUM YUM
Ray J

Expanding gasses in the bowel can create a resonant cavity resulting in
sparks - kablammo!!!