Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Casement window air conditioners

"mwlogs" wrote in message
That said, they aren't easy to use with even the standard casement A/C
unit. I had to pull out the entire crank and lock mechanism and drill two
small holes to fasten the mounting hardware for the older style windows I
use to have. Installing a thru-the-wall unit would still be more work,
but it still wasn't as simple as the A/C units for double-hung.

What I did some years ago for a couple of people was to replace the window.
I put the Ac in the bottom of the window opening, then installed a shorter
window above it. You lose some window space, you have the AC in position
year round, but you have a window that can be opened on nice days. Just
check to see that the new window still meets code for minimum size.