Posted to alt.home.repair
mwlogs

Default Casement window air conditioners

Besides being 'purdy' (assuming I understand this to mean 'pretty'), new
casement windows are generally slightly more energy efficient than other
styles of windows such as double-hung. I assume this is since the locking
mechanism pulls the window closed tighter and since there isn't the wear of
the sliding parts they seal tighter over the long run.

That said, they aren't easy to use with even the standard casement A/C unit.
I had to pull out the entire crank and lock mechanism and drill two small
holes to fasten the mounting hardware for the older style windows I use to
have. Installing a thru-the-wall unit would still be more work, but it
still wasn't as simple as the A/C units for double-hung.

"krw" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
lid says...
Does anyone have any recommendations for casement window air
conditioning units? I have a narrow casement window in the bedroom and
would like to avoid a through the wall unit.

I gave up and did a through-wall under the bedroom window.
Casement windows may look purdy, but they're useless as...

--
Keith