Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

Default Casement window air conditioners

"lee_houston" wrote in message
. com...

"Nathan Zimmerman" wrote in message
Does anyone have any recommendations for casement window air
conditioning units? I have a narrow casement window in the bedroom and
would like to avoid a through the wall unit.

http://www.nextag.com/casement-windo...er/search-html

If your casement windows are wood, I'd look again at wall-throughs, or at
least removing the casement in question and replacing it with a temporary
plexi panel above the a/c unit or something. My grandmother, and my mother
after she took over that house, continually left the casements open in wet
weather, since the overhang kept the rain out. However, the casement frame
itself was in the weather, and it was pure hell on them. I had to do a
buttload of work on those windows when it came time to sell the place. And
these were good windows, Andersons (1961 vintage), that ordinarily are very
durable.

aem sends....