Posted to alt.home.repair
crabshell

Default Coaxial cable and phone wire installation

"Colbyt" wrote in
m:

"crabshell" wrote in message

The labor issue is a big concern. I was sort of assuming the
variable expense would be in the materials more than the labor. I
assume that running 2 lines from point A to point B vs. 1 costs about
the same. Meaning I need to plan this well so I don't have to have
more lines run down the road -- thus my inquiries.

Why can't you DIY? There are no licensing requirements since it all
very low voltage stuff.

I would be happy to explain the process. Tool needs are minimal.

I suspect you are going to have a real case of sticker shock when you
get a labor price. Nobody likes working in crawlspaces and most don't
like snaking wire inside walls.

Colbyt

Peer and beam is pretty common around here so the expense shouldn't be too
great. I'm not crazy about nosing around in my crawlspace. My attic is
even worse. Only 4 feet of clearance in the very center and blown
insulation everywhere. I'd love to get rid of that and start over with
sheet. Another post perhaps...