Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector

Default Bedroom in apartment: Need ideas to buffer sounds from ceiling/neighbors

"Goedjn" wrote in message

I do have the white noise; it's helpful but not an ultimate
solution/compromise. I (now) have an idea what I am going to try...

I forgot to mention that I just moved in - and was exhausted after the
first night of sleeping in a room where people kept waking me up at all
hours of the night.

For what it's worth, what's keeping you up isn't the noise level,
it's your sense that the noises aren't "right". If you can
convince your hind-brain that the noise is a normal and expected
part of the environment, it will cease to bother you.

People sleep near, and on planes, trains, fire stations,
and all kinds of other noisy places (Like the deep woods).
*YOU'VE* probably slept in noisier places.

Screaming fights are one thing, but you should
be able to adapt to just normal moving-around sounds.

--Goedjn

I'm sure it's probably just the sound of the bed slamming against the wall
for hours on end that has 'em at wit's end. In any event buy pink noise
generator they really do work. It takes time to get used to the generator
as well, but properly used they completely mask all incoming noises.