Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

Default How have the mighty fallen? OT.

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2006-06-25, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 17:09:39 GMT, Sylvain VAN DER WALDE wrote:

I haven't bought any Cadbury's chocolate for a long time. I found that
any other chocolates that I ate, always tasted better. It must be all
that milk that they put in (rather than cocoa solids).

ISTR that the european chocolate makers tried to stop Cadburys calling
their product "chocolate" because it has so little cocoa in it. If a bit
of chocolate, at room temp, only quietly tears rather than a brittle
break with with an audible snap it hasn't got enough cocoa in it.

Current favorite chocolates are Bendicks Bittermints, 95% cocoa solids
chocolate. B-)

I like Cadbury's Dairy Milk. Always have. And I find these "chocoloate
snob my chocolates got more cocoa solids in it than yours" chocolates
inedible.

Why not eat cocoa solids with a spoon and have done with it?

I liked Cadbury's chocolate (including Dairy Milk) before/until I tasted
other brands. I preferred the taste of most of the others. Now, I find
their chocolate more expensive than other brands of similar quality and less
good to eat.
Have you tried Lindt chocolate? If yes, and you prefer Cadbury's Dairy Milk
chocolate, then there's something wrong with your taste buds. Lindt milk
chocolate is _delicious_.
BTW, I don't eat a lot of chocolate.

Sylvain.

--