Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

Default Cutting Nails & Screws

Nodge wrote:
I've removed an old window frame and it's left some fairly hefty nails and
screws which I need to cut flush to the surface and they are in a position
which is hard to get to with a hacksaw. I'm sure I've seen something on TV
which did the job easily using a small rotary disc. Just been to B&Q to look
at the multi tools (Dremel etc) which I thought was what I saw on TV (QVC
actually) but the bits seem more for sanding , grinding & polishing etc.

Can anyone recommend anything?

A cheap angle grinder (less that 15 Pounds) and a metal cutting disk.
As the nails/screws will be behind/inside of the new window frame, there
will be no need for a 'make good' after they are chopped off. You can
cut into the brick to put the old fasteners below the level of the new
window and make good anything that will be visible after the window is
installed.

HTH

Dave