Posted to rec.woodworking
Sheckster

Default Can't Get 90 Degree Crosscut on TS

I am asking for some expert and experienced help because I cannot cut a true
or repeatable 90 degree cut on my tablesaw.

I have been trying to cut some quartersawn white oak( 3/4" thick and 4"
wide) to final dimensions but cannot get a true 90 cross cut. If I do luck
out and get one, the next cut is a fraction of a degree off from a true
right angle.

Out of frustration I even bought an Incra miter fence (to replace the cheesy
Sear one) and spent all morning aligning it only to find I still can't make
the 90 cut. The cuts start out true but seem to wander toards to outside of
the blade at the end of the cut (last 1 to 1-1/2 ")

Some data:
Craftsman 10" contractor saw
Freud Diablo think kerf blade
Incra Miter fence

I did:
Make sure the blade is aligned to the miter slots
Set the Incra miter gauge perpendicular to the blade.
Clamp the wood to the fence to avoid movement
I don't force the wood too fast
Joined bothedges of teh board so I know I am not transferring one inacuracy
to another.

Apprecaite your advice or thoughts on how to tackle this. Thanks
Ken in Virginia Beach