Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default House improvements?

wrote:
Hi everyone

I have a semi detached house and want to increase its value before
selling. I thought of some great ideas - anyone have any more?

1. Convert the house into a detached. I've already got the angle
grinder.

2. Fit a jacuzzi in the bedroom. As there isnt room for a separate
bathroom, I thought if I put it under the bed, you can move the bed to
one side and voila, just drop in! Clever huh. It'll reduce head height
downstairs a bit, but not enought to cause any problems.

3. I was chatting to Mr Nseowo the other week, and he reckons
extensions are pretty cheap to do. Warned me about trouble from the
council tho, so I'm not sure bout that one.

4. I plan to build an African style mud hut in the back garden too,
garden shed is always useful.

5. Remove the supporting wall and have a nice big walkthru lounge and
kitchen, will look great.

6. Take out all that stupid woodwork in the loft, half inch chip down
then can use it for accomodation.

Any more smart ideas? I admit mine arent all original...

NT

thanks for the great ideas everyone, even more to do now.

NT