Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default LAN

Chaosjeff wrote:
Sparks wrote:
"Chaosjeff" wrote in message
oups.com...
does any body know how to create a wireless lan as i have the
belkin, wifi adaptor (USB) i have been able to create a peer to
peer network but nothing more. i would like to make it so we can
file share ect.

thanks

Jeff

What version of windows are you running (XP Home/Pro/etc...)

Do you have a router, or just two pc's with wireless?

How do you connect to the internet, and do you want to share this
connection?

How many users do you have on each Pc, or does everyone just use the
same login (If the pc just goes straight to the desktop when you
turn it on, without you having to either select a user or type in a
username and password, then you just have one user)

Sparks...

i am running XP as are most of the people here, we connect to the
internet through the college's wireless network, so every body has
wireless, but no router.

on my pc, i have one user which is passworded. but i dont know about
other people who want in

jeff

As far as I know,college's will not allow file sharing on their network? so
you could be in trouble with the college for trying to set it up.
I know this via my cousin who asked me the same question only to find out
it wasn't allowed.
Whether all colleges have the same restrictions I don't know?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite