Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Default How have the mighty fallen? OT.

Weatherlawyer wrote:

I doubt that Cadbury's is entirely to blame for the addition of **** to
their foodstuff no matter how reprehensible we all find their conduct
since January.

A couple of pedants seem to have read into the above not what is
written.

This is what it says:
Cadbury's, for some not widely known reason, lost control of the the
hygiene on their production line.

No doubt they were employing some perverse people. Such is life.

Once upon a time all products were -as far as it was possible, produced
to the highest standards. That is how prepackaged foods got a market
place over real foods.

Again the tits failed to reason on the subject, coloured as they are by
their own cleverness.

This is what I wrote:

Once upon a time modern standards did not exist.

Real food, fresh food, required a long wheelbase from farm to city. Stuff perished
and unscrupulous merchants got rid of it as best they could.

As can be reasoned from the above.

The alternative was to buy tinned and preserved stuff that was produced
by people with great reputations.

Victorian standards being what they were the right to expect the best
did not necessarily mean that the customer would not go down with a
poisonous dose of something or other.

Processed food failed on a regular basis. Read any account of early
naval vvoyages and you will find accounts of barrels of salted meat
found wanting and a variety of other problems.

Even in the 1960's when the vogue of crossing oceans single handed
required individual food packaging of an high standard, problems of
packaging occurred. And these things still happen.

I bet the fools responsible for the penny pinching are regretting
things there at the moment.

This means that I believe the people responsibewl for hiding the
problem wish they hadn't.

If you have any conclusions about my writing that is not contained in
my writung, feel free to ask.

If you have conclusions of your own that bear no relationship to
anything that I have written by all meqns add whatever.

If you can't be bothered to read what I said before passing comment;
kindly feck off.