Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

Default Coaxial cable and phone wire installation

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 17:57:11 -0400, George

with our Dish DVR it doesnt matter when the show is on, or what time it
gets moved too. the receiver automatically looks for the name and
adjusts itself.

shows magically appear on a list of available ones.

A hour of prime time shows is 15 minutes of commercials which we skip.
while a interesting scene or dirsurbance we can skip back and watch it
again. dogs barrked, phone rang neigbor stopped by.

DVR is THE BEST device we ever added here!

You must be watching old shows...

In most cases, the old shows are better.

We have a DVR that I built which can remove commercials. It is not
unusual to see some hour programs reduced to 35 minutes.

It varies by show, many shows I've edited commercials from are 42-45
minutes per hour (52-56 minutes for PBS shows).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com