Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Herber

Default House improvements?

On 24 Jun 2006 15:48:50 -0700, wrote:

Hi everyone

Hi Dr Nick!
Time for some fun!

I have a semi detached house and want to increase its value before
selling. I thought of some great ideas - anyone have any more?

1. Convert the house into a detached. I've already got the angle
grinder.

Becoming detached is a political as well as a physical process. You
will require a Unilateral Declaration of Detachment form available
from your local council.
P.S. You will need brick acid as well as the angle grinder.

2. Fit a jacuzzi in the bedroom. As there isnt room for a separate
bathroom, I thought if I put it under the bed, you can move the bed to
one side and voila, just drop in! Clever huh. It'll reduce head height
downstairs a bit, but not enought to cause any problems.

Jacuzzi on a string - available from all good sheds - Oxymorons 'R' Us
have a reasonable supply on weekdays. Hang from the ceiling of any
room, just pull the string and down it comes. Push the string to send
it back up to the ceiling - Easy for the whole family - terms and
conditions may apply! Not available in Dagenham, Belgium or Leamington
Spa.

3. I was chatting to Mr Nseowo the other week, and he reckons
extensions are pretty cheap to do. Warned me about trouble from the
council tho, so I'm not sure bout that one.

Mr Nseowo and Dribble exchange information during their tea breaks -
use his advice at you peril!

4. I plan to build an African style mud hut in the back garden too,
garden shed is always useful.

African mud huts are just so 2005. 18th century Icelandic turf roofed
'cottages' are the 'to die for' for this year. P.S. pastel shades
don't work on mud walls and ceilings.

5. Remove the supporting wall and have a nice big walkthru lounge

OMG! Don't do it! Your social world will collapse around your ears.
Don't call it a lounge! My friends in Islington are calling it a
parlour this year. Green. 3 different shades. Lime green carpets will
be the BIG thing next year!

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
http://www.pherber.com/