Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector

Default Window screens

"I Love Lucy" wrote in message
ink.net...

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Eigenvector wrote:

For windows which do NOT have screens, can you purchase them? While I
will eventually replace the windows themselves, I'm not rolling in cash
and need
to find a cheaper solution for the coming summer months. I'd like to
open
my windows but currently can't since there isn't a screen to keep out
the
buggies.

I don't see a channel for the screen to sit in, so that's why I'm
wondering if its possible or if there are alternatives I've not thought
of

Four sticks of wood, a saw, some glue, four "hook and eye" fasteners, a
roll
of screen, a stapler, and a little bit of effort will get you there. If
you are on a really tight budget and don't care how it looks you can
replace the wood, hooks, saw, and stapler with a roll of duct tape.

That's what I'd do since he is eventually getting better ones. I'd just
get some screen, cut it and duct tape it in.

Well I'm not so sure how soon, soon is, but I have two major projects to
fund and the windows are/is one of them. The fuse box is the other. So I'm
trying to balance getting an actual grounded fusebox vs. windows that don't
leak like a sieve. I just can't see using duct tape, althought I can always
fall back on eyehooks or tack strips like was mentioned.

Meehan and Lucy, I'll check for it locally and see if that will work for me.
The link that was provided didn't really clarify what it was, but it's not
like this is some rush job that has to get done so I can certainly mosey
over to the hardware store and look.

snip