Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bioboffin

Default OT: Part P questions

Guy King wrote:
The message .com
from "SteveBurr" contains these words:

Can anyone tell me whether the following are legal to do DIY:

Personally, I'd do any of them and sod the rules.

Isn't this the complete issue with respect to the current debate on law and
order in the uk. (I have added OT to the start of the subject line so that
those who don't want to see this can opt out easily)

You are quite correct: a silly law is one which people ignore. (Wait for the
outrage that this is really a sensible law - but really, is it
'enforceable'?)

Take 'mobile phone use while driving'. Huge numbers of people ignore this
law because nobody has the resources to enforce it.

We would be a lot better off with fewer laws which were rigorously enforced.

Sorry for taking up everyone's time/bandwidth, but I do it BECAUSE I
CAN!!!!!

:-)

John.