Posted to alt.home.repair
crabshell

Default Coaxial cable and phone wire installation

mm wrote in
:

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 18:32:15 -0400, "RBM" rbm2(remove
wrote:

In all fairness to cable installers, they are not necessarily "lazy
installers". It is often cable company policy not to do internal
installations as it would take to much time and simply cost to much

My brother had me wait for the Verizon cable installer in Dallas, who
refused to put the computer cable in the room my brother wanted it.
It was partially prewired to several rooms and he did go in the
unfinished attic and connect a couple things.

When I discussed this at a Baltimore hamfest with a computer cable guy
(that is, a public relations guy with a booth.), he insisted that they
would put it whereever the customer wanted it, and the guy in Dallas
should have also.

I don't think he was trying to sell me anything, because I'd made it
pretty clear I wasn't in the market. In addition, it would be easy in
my house to put in anywhere.

I'm in Dallas. Must be something in the water....