Posted to misc.consumers.house
Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

Default Hot water heater pilot light/epoxy sealent...

wrote:

Hello... I am wanting to seal my basement floor with epoxy sealent. My
concern is fumes and the pilot light from the heater. Should this be an
issue? I'm not sure how to turn the pilot light off if need be. Any
help would be much thanked.....

I have done several garages with epoxy based floor coatings and the fumes will
get quite intense. Since the garages had gas water heaters, I made sure there
was enough positive ventalation to keep the fumes from building up to a
dangerous level. Easy to do in a garage, much harder in a basement. Yes, you
need to be concerned.