Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Hot water heater pilot light/epoxy sealent...

Hello... I am wanting to seal my basement floor with epoxy sealent. My
concern is fumes and the pilot light from the heater. Should this be an
issue? I'm not sure how to turn the pilot light off if need be. Any
help would be much thanked.....

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Vai wrote:
Thanks...Not quite sure how to turn off pilot light but think I could
figure it out..How about relighting it? Do you do this like a pilot
light on a stove?

You depress and turn the valve to pilot. Then while holding it down,
light the pilot. Hold it for about a minute, till the thermocouple
gets hot, then release. It should stay lit. Then move the valve to on.

water heater saga Nonnymus Home Repair 2 June 19th 06 12:34 AM
Water heater leak? Jim Z Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 01:57 PM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Home Repair 57 April 2nd 04 10:51 PM