Posted to rec.woodworking
Hedley

Default Happy Fathers Day to me!

As far as I can tell, the BORG still has lifetime parts and labor on rigid
tools.

"Hedley" wrote in message
om...
See Below...

"Jim Stuyck" wrote in message
. ..

"Hedley" wrote in message
.com...

"Locutus" wrote in message
Wife and kids woke me up this AM telling me to come outside, I was
greeted by a brand new Ridgid TS3650 in the back of the truck.

Guess I better go make something.

My first and current TS is a 3650. My dad happened to be here when I
bought it and he helped me put it together. Took the better part of a
very enjoyable day.

A DAY? Curious; why? How come?

Another poster got it right. Dad's almost 70, so it was work alittle,
talk a lot, with a lunch break, and towards the end a couple of beer
breaks. That was definitely fun.

The woodworking purists around here may call it less than professional
grade, but I'm amazed at how well it works. Slices through anything
I've fed it, and makes excellent, square cuts. Plus' you can't beat the
life-time parts and labor guarantee.

On the Home Depot web site, for the Ridgid TS3650, the warranty
info reads thusly:
"Warranty (Parts) 90-Day Satisfaction; 3 Yr Limited Service"

How did you come upon "life-time?"

They had the lifetime parts and service on all Rigid power tools for a few
months before I bought the saw last winter. It was still going on the
last time I looked (last weekend?). Unbelievable deal. Also included
batteries for cordless tools. Lifetime.

They never said how long it would go on. Perhaps in your region it ended
already. I'm in the Chicago area. I'll post again if it's still
happening.

Jim Stuyck