Posted to rec.woodworking
Lyndell Thompson

Default Old,old timber posts

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
.com...
I have a 100 + year old building that will be coming down. It has 10"x10"
posts on 8'x12' centers...hundreds of them. I don't know what species but
they are hard as rock. Is it worth trying to find out what they are, find
a market and salvage these?

Tom, try to see if the building was ever used to store alcoholic
beverages..........then check out this site:
http://www.whiskeywood.com/site/
Pretty cool huh!
Good luck Lyndell

P.S. I need to place an order for some wire brushes. I keep getting busy and
forgetting. Anyway let me know if you are going to offer some of these
timbers on a buy and pick up basis. I may want a few of these. Always
looking for something to turn or build with. Someone with a bandsaw could
rip them to dimensional sizes.