Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default Sears dehumidifer problems

Sam Goldwasser wrote:
(Mike S.) writes:

In article ,
Sam Goldwasser wrote:
" writes:

Given their cost of a new unit and the rip off sears service price your
much better off replacing the unit

Heck, and I always thought this was a repair newsgroup. Seras isn't the
only option for repair.

I looked up the unit in the parts database and found that I can order a
replacement sensor assembly for $21. I will replace that first, and if
there is still a coolant issue once the humidistat issue is resolved, will
bring it in for warranty service (since the warranty only covers the
sealed coolant assembly).

Sounds like a plan. But do take another look at the humidistat. There
may be some magic screw you have overlooked.

It's quite possible for these things to shift calibration. It's probably
just a strip of a plastic-like material (used to be human hair but I don't
think they use that anymore!) that changes length depending on humidity.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:
http://www.repairfaq.org/

somone suggested taking it in for service they charge so much thats a
loser. I repair machines for a living but some new stuff today is so
cheap and parts so expensive if available at all your just better off
replacing it