Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.sci.physics.acoustics,alt.activism.noise.pollution
Joseph Meehan

Default Bedroom in apartment: Need ideas to buffer sounds from ceiling/neighbors

888eight888 wrote:
Hello,

Between the ceiling and the floor of the upstairs apartment and mine;
there is no insulation. Not only can I hear every footstep, but the
neighbors are extremely active; something is constantly hitting the
floor unannounced. (Don't ask - I don't know, either.)
The landlord doesn't want to pay for/put in any insulation.
Apparently, it would involve ripping up the ceilings.

Frankly you have a really difficult problem. Take a look at:

http://www.soundproofing.org/

Good Luck

--
Joseph Meehan