Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

Default Want some wide (6 inch) new floorboards - anywhere in the UK?

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:31:37 +0100, me wrote:

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a place where I can get 9" or 8" wide floorboards? Need
to be untreated, natural wood,

We are in NW England near Manchester,

Local timber merchant.

We had to renew/replace large areas of floorboard in the current house but
wanted to match the existing wide boards. We were able to source them from
the timber merchant as rough sawn planks and to plane them to fit/give a
smooth floor ourselves. This is how the original boards were fitted, rough
sawn on three sides, planed one side only. It was remarkably cheap to do
the job this way, even including hire of a suitable plane table for a week.