Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Stuyck

Default Happy Fathers Day to me!

"Leuf" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 06:42:30 -0500, "Jim Stuyck"
wrote:

My first and current TS is a 3650. My dad happened to be here when I
bought it and he helped me put it together. Took the better part of a
very enjoyable day.

A DAY? Curious; why? How come?

There are about 8 billion bolts to put together the stand and mobile
base. And while they are all packed in a very organized manner in a
big blister pack, the person who labeled the blister pack and the
person who wrote the instructions never talked to each other.

Aha! Y'know, when you spend those kinds of bucks, sometimes
it makes you feel good to have a "project" from the get-go. Used
to be, I'd buy a new car and spend the better part of a day with
screwdrivers and wrenches, tightening the thing up. Nowadays,
it's "no fun" for the guy that used to "tighten things up." ;-)

Jim Stuyck