jim rozen

Default remote start/stop wiring

In article , Grant Erwin says...

I want to put a remote start/stop button on
the belt/disk sander it will be ducted to, but in such a way that if I want to
move the belt/disk sander I can unplug the start/stop button. These don't
carry any appreciable amount of power.

If you are only looking for a rugged connector that will
take three wires, and be suitable for a shop environment,
my personal choice would be the M/S series electrical
connectors that are available through newark electronics.

A distant second would be Cinch Jones plugs. If they're
tied together with a zip-tie they're not bad. But if
you're only doing a few of these, buy several M/S connectors
that are about the right size to accept something like
18 or 16 SJ cordage.

Three pin connectors like this will set you back about
ten bucks apiece, but they're environmentally sealed,
with o-rings and all. Dust/oil/chip/spooge-proof.

Jim

please reply to: