Jeff Wisnia

Default remote start/stop wiring

Grant Erwin wrote:

snipped

I'm wondering if anyone has any bright ideas about easily disconnectable easily
obtainable multi-wire circuits. Phone wire would be ideal except that the
sockets aren't trivial to wire up. The circuit takes 3 wires, by the way.

Ideas?

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington

You didn't state whether the little bit of power was at low voltage or not. If it
isn't, I'd steer clear of tiny connectors, or anything that isn't rated to carry
the voltage on those circuits. I'd also steeer clear of trying to use regular
power cord "three wire plugs", for obvious reasons.

The venerable "Jones Plug" is still around:

http://www.cinch.com/products/jones_plugs/index.html

They can handle line voltage, are rugged and not likely to be confused with
anything else in your shop. Quite easy to wire up if you have a soldering iron.

I assume you are aware of the little radio control "remote" switches sold for just
the purpose you described. From what I understand they work just great....until
you drop the remote on the floor a couple of times, and it's never where you can
find it anyway.

--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"If you can keep smiling when things go wrong, you've thought of someone to place
the blame on."