Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf

Default Happy Fathers Day to me!

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:33:53 -0400, "Locutus"
wrote:

I did quite a bit of research on tablesaws, and I had settled on this saw
about 3 months ago. I have not been able to find a bad review on the saw.
Everytime we would go to Home Depot my wife would see me drooling over it. I
could never bring myself to pull the trigger, I have always had a problem
purchasing large ticket items for myself as it makes me feel guilty.

After getting it unpacked, I realized I didn't have the time to put it
together, it definitely appears to be an all day job. I will tackle that
this weekend.

The stand/mobile base is quite an affair to get together.

I found it impossible to get the mobile base into the stand while
assembled. I believe I had to get help to tip the saw and even then I
had to take it apart into two halves. I am not sure if it is a good
idea to install the mobile base before getting the saw onto the stand,
as you need to tip the stand over to attach the saw and then tip it
up, I'm not sure what the mobile base will do when tipped over, but I
would try that first.

And at a certain point the instructions are going to tell you to
attach the front rail with "X" number of bolts and you will have "X+1"
bolts and "X+1" holes. You will then scan through the rest of the
instructions looking to see if this "extra" bolt goes somewhere else.
It doesn't, use it on the rail. Mine is sitting in a drawer because I
couldn't be bothered to take the rail off again.

I think it took me about 8-10 hours to get it all assembled and
aligned.

-Leuf