Posted to rec.woodworking
Locutus

Default Happy Fathers Day to me!

"Hedley" wrote in message
.com...

"Locutus" wrote in message
Wife and kids woke me up this AM telling me to come outside, I was
greeted by a brand new Ridgid TS3650 in the back of the truck.

Guess I better go make something.

My first and current TS is a 3650. My dad happened to be here when I
bought it and he helped me put it together. Took the better part of a
very enjoyable day.

The woodworking purists around here may call it less than professional
grade, but I'm amazed at how well it works. Slices through anything I've
fed it, and makes excellent, square cuts. Plus' you can't beat the
life-time parts and labor guarantee.

Your first order of business should be to make a cross-cut sled. Then a
mitre sled. Then add a router table extension (home-made, of course).
Then you need a dado blade...

Enjoy.

--Hedley
--Binge in Moderation

I did quite a bit of research on tablesaws, and I had settled on this saw
about 3 months ago. I have not been able to find a bad review on the saw.
Everytime we would go to Home Depot my wife would see me drooling over it. I
could never bring myself to pull the trigger, I have always had a problem
purchasing large ticket items for myself as it makes me feel guilty.

After getting it unpacked, I realized I didn't have the time to put it
together, it definitely appears to be an all day job. I will tackle that
this weekend.