Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

Default Happy Fathers Day to me!

"Jim Stuyck" wrote in message
My first and current TS is a 3650. My dad happened to be here when I
bought it and he helped me put it together. Took the better part of a
very enjoyable day.

A DAY? Curious; why? How come?

Very easy to do. Talk, unpack everything, talk some more, read instructions,
make sure everything is included that's supposed to be there, break for
lunch, talk some more, start putting saw together, talk some more, break for
a beer, finish putting saw together, do some preliminary cuts, discuss
proper alignment, dig out a straight edge, adjust blade and fence alignment,
do some more test cuts, talk some more, etcetera.

Hell, if my dad was still alive and he was over helping me put a table saw
together, I'd make damned sure it would take longer than a day just so I
could talk him into coming over for more than a day.