Posted to sci.electronics.repair
g. beat

Default Weller Warranty & Repair Price Sheet

"MashBrain" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi again:

Again, thanks for _all_ the info. I need to sit back and digest all of
it now. I will probably try a new pencil - I'll have to check the
comparative prices for the EC1201A, EC1302A, and the EC1503A units.
The stuff I'm doing nodays, the EC1201A is adequate, but why have an
adjustable unit if I don't have the hi-watt pencil if/when I need the
extra heat.

One other option to consider.
Place the EC 2002 on eBay for sale, make a few dollars.

Go out and purchase a Weller WES51 or WESD51, if you have other ET tips on
your workbench. Those tips are same as used in these 2 new stations.
You will pay the same amount of money for one of these new stations as
buying a new EC1201A iron ! The replacement PES51 iron for those base
units sells for $30 - integrated sensor and heater (cuts costs).

Tied of Weller? then the Hakko 936-12 is a good buy (analog dial) for
around $ 90.

g. beat