Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default Plastic plumbing

"Rudy" wrote in message
news:VF2mg.65788$iF6.47644@pd7tw2no...

I bought the doublewide next door to rent out.

Sounds like PEX tubing.

I've never seen a mobile home with PEX in it (unless they re using it in
the NEW ones)
I have seen polybutylene (PB) grey and CPVC cream colored. Since its
crimped, I'm guessing PB.

If I was 'adding' to a PB system, I'd go with PEX ( red, blue or cloudy
'milk jug' colored plastic)
Cut in a "T" to the existing line and away you go. You can rent the
crimping tool and get all the PEX and fittings at Home Depot.

That is all the home depots in areas where PEX is allowed by code. You
won't find any in most northern CA stores (not sure about outside SF bay
area) though you will find fittings for standard tubing sizes.