Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser

Default No cold water in my HOTPOINT washing machine !!!

bigdaddy writes:

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:01:12 +0100, "Ron(UK)"
wrote:

bigdaddy wrote:
Hi all,

My washing machine spins and all that but the water suddenly stop
entering.

How to find out whether the Solenoid Switch is kaput or it is not
getting current from the programmer or some thing else.

One of the most common faults on Hotpoint machines is water valve
solenoid coils going open circuit. You can check this with a simple
multimeter.

I'f you replace the whole valve, there may be black pressure reducers in
the outlets which may need to be fitted to the new valves.

Ron(UK)

Thank again. I tested all the 3 Solenoid with a multi meter. They
all read 3.75K. I do not know how much they should read.

If the Solenoid switched are ok, then where the problem lies.
Any help would be appreciated.

See if the cold water valve solenoid is getting power when in Cold and Fill.

If it is, either it's not opening the valve, or very likely in some areas,
is that the cold water line valve is clogged with debris. Disassemble
and clean, starting with the cold water hose and it's filter screen