Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron(UK)

Default No cold water in my HOTPOINT washing machine !!!

bigdaddy wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:01:12 +0100, "Ron(UK)"
wrote:

bigdaddy wrote:
Hi all,

My washing machine spins and all that but the water suddenly stop
entering.

How to find out whether the Solenoid Switch is kaput or it is not
getting current from the programmer or some thing else.

One of the most common faults on Hotpoint machines is water valve
solenoid coils going open circuit. You can check this with a simple
multimeter.

I'f you replace the whole valve, there may be black pressure reducers in
the outlets which may need to be fitted to the new valves.

Ron(UK)

Thank again. I tested all the 3 Solenoid with a multi meter. They
all read 3.75K. I do not know how much they should read.

If the Solenoid switched are ok, then where the problem lies.
Any help would be appreciated.

Next step is to check that there`s mains voltage on any of the solenoids
when there should be.

It could be the pressure vessel clogged with gunge, it`s a plastic
fitting on the tub at the lower end of a thin, usually transparent
plastic tube running down from a circular pressure switch.

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public Address Systems